Monday, May 7, 2007

Art/ Cultural event (5)

14th March, 2007: Chelsea Museum of Art.

I remember I walked a long way before I got to the Museum. It was a small museum located between different Galleries. Differ from the ‘big’ museum I’ve been before, Chelsea Museum of Art is unique and ‘powerful’.
I was attracted by the theme of the exhibition: ‘Dangerous Beauty’.



Except the 3rd floor, all the Art works are closely related to the theme. Here are some of the art works that impressed me:


This is a pretty painting that brought out an idea that nowadays girls are becoming identical. Girls want to be slim and have ‘perfect’ body shape. Furthermore, plastic surgery also drive more and more girls to pursue artificial beauty.

These are wonderful pictures processed by using Photoshop, further illustrated the artificial beauty.





When talk about unnatural beauty, Barbie must not be excluded. Some people accused Barbie as the origin of encouraging the twisted idea of beauty.



I have a strong feeling to photos taken by Lauren Greenfield. The way she catches images and the emotional feeling involved in the pictures are so strong. I am interested in her work, therefore, I went to her personal website to know more about her.


After that, I figured out what I wanted to do with my website assignment.
Please check out Lauren Greenfield's personal website when you have time. it is really interesting.

1 comment:

El Vaso Ruso said...

www.elvasoruso.blogspot.com

Visit our blog, I'm sure you're gonna love it!

El Vaso Ruso
Ps: Leave us a comment so we know you've visited us!